Thursday, February 24, 2011

Red Lipstick

photo  via garance dore
I'll be turning the big (gulp) 3-0 in a couple months and one of the things I'd like to finally figure out is how to rock a serious, full-on, grown up red lip.  How gorgeous does this girl look? 

I'm  not talking about  stained, sheer popsicle-mouth color, either.  I'd like to graduate from Benetint and Lipstick Queen Medieval to a good matte classic lipstick.  Like Tom Ford Private Blend Lipcolor in Cherry Lush or Smoke Red.  MAC Russian Red and Nars seem to be the standard go-to, but Mr. Ford's look so much more elegant, no? Since I am all about looking for a greener option, Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lipcolor in Red Delicious might be a good (wallet-friendlier to boot) alternative. 
When the rest of the face is kept minimal, a crimson lip looks fresh and modern.  I'm working up my nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment